[ltp] installing fingerprint reader on thinkpad r60

philo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:25:46 +0100

I tried to install the fingerprint reader of my R60 under Ubuntu 64.
First I tried to run the reader with fprint as described in this tutorail
http://www.reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Installation
After enroling all fingerprints, I tried to veryfy them end got the
error -71 all the time.
So i unistalled all used packages of fprint and tried to run the reader
with thinkfinger but without succes. since this, lsusb doesn't show me
my reader. I also tried to install the fprint packages one more time but
lsusb don't show me the hardware anymore. How can I manage it the the
system will mount this device?