[ltp] brightness acting up thinkpad t61

Fri, 28 Dec 2007 00:31:56 -0200

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> If I don't load video.c module, I don't get any event for Fn+Home/End
> (nor from xev, nor in acpid).
>
> xbacklight works with only thinkpad-acpi (and I can even switch off the
> display), but I don't see how to bind this to my keys, now. Running
> 2.6.24-rc6 and thinkpad-acpi v0.18-20071203 (loaded without option)

Hmm... since you *are* configuring your system to do the control through
scripts, try using input-kbd to map some keys to the Fn+Home and Fn+End
positions of the keymap (see Documentation/thinkpad-acpi.txt in the kernel
source for details).

*IF* HAL doesn't stand in the way, you can map to KEY_BRIGHTNESS_UP and
KEY_BRIGHTNESS_DOWN.  If HAL starts doing stupid things, try mapping it to
some unused keys like F20 or whatever... and then use HAL or some other
"listen to keys and launch a program" application to call xbacklight.

  Henrique Holschuh