[ltp] radeonhd or xf86-video-ati (atombios-support branch)

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:50:50 -0500

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 21:38 -0500, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 03:55 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
>

> > Did the driver build ok?  Are you actually using the driver you built?
> >  If you want to replace your current driver, you'll need to pass a
> > prefix to autogen.sh to it will install in the right place:
> >  ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
> > make
> > sudo make install
>
> i just installed it manually by copying the ati.so file from
> src/.libs/
>
> to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/
> renaming the old one
>
> i'll try again and post the log.

ach - i didn't notice the radeon_drv.so ...

once i installed that one too, it worked fine.

in fact i'm using it now.

I don't notice any difference between this one and radeonhd yet.

brad