[ltp] brightness acting up thinkpad t61

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:02:16 +0100

On ven, 2007-12-28 at 00:31 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > xbacklight works with only thinkpad-acpi (and I can even switch off
> the
> > display), but I don't see how to bind this to my keys, now. Running
> > 2.6.24-rc6 and thinkpad-acpi v0.18-20071203 (loaded without option)
>
> Hmm... since you *are* configuring your system to do the control
> through
> scripts, try using input-kbd to map some keys to the Fn+Home and Fn
> +End
> positions of the keymap (see Documentation/thinkpad-acpi.txt in the
> kernel
> source for details).

Hmhm, I don't really have the choice, since the other way doesn't work.
What I dont get is how is the solution to use video.c to only catch
events and then use scripts to do the job. (because video.c doesn't do
it alone, but can send acpi events).

> *IF* HAL doesn't stand in the way, you can map to KEY_BRIGHTNESS_UP
> and
> KEY_BRIGHTNESS_DOWN.  If HAL starts doing stupid things, try mapping
> it to
> some unused keys like F20 or whatever... and then use HAL or some
> other
> "listen to keys and launch a program" application to call xbacklight.

HMhm ok. I still need to find something that does the job correctly
(meaning “wich works even when display is locked, in console or in gdm”)

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis