[ltp] x41 monitor selection

Paul Fox linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:54:18 -0500

i wrote:
 > as a reminder, my problem is that using the fn-key to switch
 > monitors on my X41 will give me either the external or the
 > built-in display, but not both.  this is even though both
 > displays work fine together when the X server first starts (or is
 > restarted).

as a final followup to this problem:  i got hold of the code for
the i810 X11 driver module, and was able to do some debugging.  (the
new modular drivers for X11 make this relatively painless).  after
some back and forth with one of the developers, a fix will be going
in to the next release...

paul
 paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 31.5 degrees)