[ltp] S2ram/S2disk on SuSE 10.2 Z60m

Axel Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Feb 2007 10:57:38 +0100

Greetings,

I just updates the ThinkPad from 10.0 to 10.2.

I got some trouble using the ne pm-utils for suspending.

1) s2ram called from the command line works fine! No problem so far.
2) Suspend to ram initiated from kpowersave kills the machine: It probably
still uses the ACPI-hook
3) Suspend to disk via kpowersave: probably working, not yet tested. Was
working perfectly in 10.0
4) closing the lid: Seems not to be noticed by s2ram. I assume it still uses
the settings in /etc/powersave/sleep.

Has one of you already s2ram working on closing the lid and wth kpowersave?
Just asking before reinventing the wheel.....

Cheers
Axel
--
Linux on a ThinkPad: www.axxite.com/brn