[ltp] poor battery-life on X60T

Sascha Heid linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Feb 2007 16:30:45 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 04.02.2007, 15:19 +0100 schrieb Laurent Gilson:
> Hello,
>
> > Now im looking for something i could have missed, but i have frequency
> > scaling running and working (compile-times vary as expected), and every
> > intel-speedstep support is in my kernel. Im also running laptop-mode for
> > the hdd.
>
> You will miss linux-PHC (support for core and core 2 is planed but not
> released).

So, does that mean that the power-management i use is not including
voltage-adjustments and that voltage-adjustments are supposed to be used
(as in part of the whole power-management thing for this cpu and also
been done in windows for example)?

> BTW: definie battery-mode for the WLAN .. ? which WLAN-card do you have ?

I have a ipw3945 and have set the power-management with "iwpriv eth1
set_power 7" which is confirmed by iwconfig.

> And look at "/proc/acpi/processor/CPU/power". Is the "bus master activity"
> 000000
> or a wild random number ?

Yes it is a random number, seems to get higher on high clock/load, is
that alright?
Im also not familiar with those active states (mostly in C2) i have to
check that out.

> cu

thanks alot!