[ltp] Flash HD in R51 (via CF and ultrabay)

hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 20:36:27 -0600

On 14 January 2007, at 13:52, Laurent Gilson wrote:

> 1. Is it true that ultrabay enhanced thinkpads accept ultrabay slim
> devices ? The slim-edtition can be found everywhere but not the
> enhanced one.

Don't know. But I do have some sort of UltraBay adapter in my R51, so
they must make one that fits. I can yank it if you need the model #
or sth.

> 2. Do these HDD adapters show up as a real, normal IDE-HD ?

Yes.

> 3. Any firmware/BIOS based limits ? Like only HDs branded by IBM/
> Lenovo ?

No.

> 4. What is the maximal HD-height these ultrabay slim HDD adapter
> accept ?

I don't know, but the top is open - so the full height of the UltraBay.

> 5. Do R51 thinkpads boot of ultrabay HD if i remove the normal HD ?

You can make HDD1 the first boot priority.

> 6. Did somebody on this list try something like that before ? Did they
> find a IDE-CF adapter that fits into the normal R51 HD-bay ?

Not me, sorry.

> Thanks.
> --

hackmiester (Hunter Fuller)

<badaboom> who can help me ? i'm french and i don't know irc
<Paladine> can't help you with the being french part, you are screwed
their mate

Phone
Voice: +1 251 589 6348
Fax: Call the voice number and ask.