[ltp] Problems with ipw3945 & wpa_supplicant (Thinkpad z61m - 9450-HAG)

Hamie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:25:26 +0000

--nextPart1334552.PgbmLdNcOz

Has anyone had wpa_supplicant working with an ipw3945 card and WPA encrypti=
on?

I have a thinkpad z61m, core2Duo 2GB memory. WIth ipw3945 wireless. The=20
ipw3945 software is version 1.1.3 and I'm running vanilla kernel 2.6.19.1, =
on=20
a gentoo amd64 build.

With no encryption I can connect to my access point (A linksys 54g - also m=
y=20
neighbours who runs without encryption for some reason :), but if I enable=
=20
WPA with ether AES or TKIP with a shared key, then wpa_supplicant just sits=
 &=20
spins forever, seeming to fail the authuentication... retrying, failing,=20
retrying etc. The access point is able to be used from other machines=20
(Windoze & Linux, e.g. z60m and a nokia 770) with WPA without any problems=
=20
more than the normal ones.

The only other access point i really have to test the ipw3945 against with=
=20
encryption also fails... But it doesn't work with the Nokia 770 either, so =
I=20
blame the cisco stuff they have running on it (It require specific cisco=20
software versions even on the windoze boxes, so I'm not hopeful there).

So... The wpa_supplicant config file just has

network=3D{
    ssid=3D"MYSSID"
    proto=3DWPA
    key_mgmt=3DWPA-PSK
#    pairwise=3DTKIP
#    group=3DTKIP
    psk=3D"PSKPassword"
    priority=3D2
}

 and version is

thunderstruck ~ # wpa_supplicant -v
wpa_supplicant v0.5.7
Copyright (c) 2003-2006, Jouni Malinen <jkmaline@cc.hut.fi> and contributors
thunderstruck ~ #=20

in it... It can see the access point... Sigh...

Any ideas?