[ltp] Problems with ipw3945 & wpa_supplicant (Thinkpad z61m - 9450-HAG)

Hamish linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 23:44:34 +0000

--nextPart1726804.IWUtjBBYiQ

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 22:13, michael@michaelshiloh.com wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Michael Gaber wrote:
> > bhaskins@chartermi.net schrieb:

> >>  Do iwconfig to find out what your wireless is,
> >>  probably eth1.
> >>
> >>  Then do:
> >>  dhclient eth1
> >>
> >>  Using eth1 or whatever iwconfig listed.
> >
> > wenn if WPA_supplicant won't connect it may be because the program
> > doesn't want the key in plaintext
> > try connecting via wpa_gui or use the tool for generating the password
> > from the psk which was shipped with wpa_supplicant
> > (i personally use gentoo amd64 and use it with wpa2 at home with ccmp (i
> > think) and with some fancy corporate wpa-stuff at the university)
> > equery f wpa_supplicant under gentoo shows all files
>
> Can you do manually (iwconfig, ifconfig) what WPA_supplicant would do? It
> might help narrow the problem  down.

If it was WEP, then yes... But not with WPA AFAIK...

Anyway... I've found WHY it was failing... the ieee tkip module can't acces=
s=20
the arc4 algorithm api... Now since arc4 is loaded (And I've tred loading=20
tkip then ar4, and arc4 then tkip) I haven't found why tkip is broken..

But I have found that if I disable tkip on my access point it all works and=
 I=20
geta  link using aes... (Which uses ieee ccmp that loads the aes api).

I guess I'm working... But a few questions yet to be answered...=20