[ltp] Re: upgrade BIOS with BootCD ISO?

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:25:19 +0100

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:06:11 +0100 Sascha Heid wrote:

> I just bought a burner just to upgrade the BIOS because Lenovo offers
> ISOs.
> It doesnt work though because its doesnt find a CD-Driver on it when i
> boot the CD.
> Now i might have gotten this all wrong.
> The Instructions say to burn the ISO in Windows with the "RecordNow"
> Feature and i assume this might add additional files to the ISO like a
> CD-Driver.

Nope, I always burn my updates with k3b (which uses wodim/cdrecord). So
no problems there.
Is your CD-burner an internal or external one? I assume USB/FireWire
thingies won't be supported by the BootCD.

--
   ^^^    | Evgeni -SargentD- Golov (sargentd@die-welt.net)
 d(O_o)b  | GPG/PGP-Key-ID: 0xAC15B50C
   / \    | http://www.die-welt.net - sargentd@jabber.ccc.de