[ltp] extended battery & sleeping

Jaime Davila linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:10:04 -0500

Hi all,

I'm trying to diagnose some problems in my x40, and its extended battery
life. I just recently saw that my ubuntu gnome configuration sees it
correctly if I boot up with the battery attached. But, if I put the
laptop to sleep, by closing the lid, when it wakes up it doesn't know
about the still-attached extended battery. The led doesn't light up, and
the battery time left indicated by gnome-power-manager is what's coming
from the 8-cell battery only.

Is there anything I need to do while waking up to correct this problem?
Here is my list of files inside /etc/acpi/resume.d, in case that has
something to do with it.

10-thinkpad-standby-led.sh     60-asus-wireless-led.sh
13-855-resolution-set.sh       62-ifup.sh
15-video-post.sh               63-wifiradar.sh
17-video-restore.sh            65-console.sh
35-modules-load.sh             67-sound.sh
40-infra-red.sh                69-services.sh
49-855-resolution-set.sh       72-acpi-pain.sh
50-framebuffer-enable.sh       85-anacron.sh
50-time.sh                     90-thinkpad-unstandby-led.sh
50-tosh-restore-brightness.sh  90-xscreensaver.sh
55-screen.sh                   98-acpi-unlock.sh

TIA,

Jaime

Jaime J. Davila
Associate Professor of Computer Science