[ltp] problems with ethernet card

Claudio_Unige linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 21:49:44 -0800

Hi everyone,

I have found a cheap thinkpad a21m (2628-G1U) put 256 of ram and now
it's running great, unluckily I cant get the ethernet to work nor the
alsa sound card, I am running puppyu linux because the second user nedds
to do some word processing and Ill be usin it for presentation, also I'd
like to use it for presentation and with gcc to do simple programming
with eclipse (to teach).

Can somebody tell me what is the best distribution that meets my needs?

I am pretty new to linux, therefore and acpi=off does not work for me
even putting hte 3c59x module. Also I tried opening up the bios and it
shows that the internal mac address as non applicable?!?!?

Can somebody unpuzzle me?

Thanks, Claudio