[ltp] problems with ethernet card

ted frater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:12:17 +0000

Claudio_Unige wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have found a cheap thinkpad a21m (2628-G1U) put 256 of ram and now
> it's running great, unluckily I cant get the ethernet to work nor the
> alsa sound card, I am running puppyu linux because the second user
> nedds to do some word processing and Ill be usin it for presentation,
> also I'd like to use it for presentation and with gcc to do simple
> programming with eclipse (to teach).
>
> Can somebody tell me what is the best distribution that meets my needs?
>
> I am pretty new to linux, therefore and acpi=off does not work for me
> even putting hte 3c59x module. Also I tried opening up the bios and it
> shows that the internal mac address as non applicable?!?!?
>
> Can somebody unpuzzle me?
>
> Thanks, Claudio

Ive the same model but the a22m  .youll find out if it has an ethernet
card by looking in the smaller of the 2 hatches on the underside.
 When you unscrew and lift the hatch off you  should see  a lead with 2
plugs on it. 1 is the modem lead the smaller and2 the other the larger
is the ethernet lead.
 both should be plugged into the mini pci / modem ethernet  card.
 If your card has only 1 plug on it then its only a modem.
 Take a look and see what you have got.