[ltp] Re: T22 sometimes doesn't display X-Server

Gerhard Brauer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 08:37:42 +0000 (UTC)

Hello!
* FeRD <ferdnyc@gmail.com> schrieb am [10.02.07 07:18]:
> Alex Deucher wrote:
> >
> >neither of the above options are valid for savage.  you can remove them.
> Indeed -- it sounds, Gerhard, like you've been working with Thinkpad-graphics-problems advice
> written for Thinkpads that contain ATI graphics chips.

Sorry for answer both to you a littele late, but you're right.
Cheat codes from another game would'nt solve stucking in Level 4 of
Thinkpad-Savage-Game ;-)

@FeRD: Thank you for your detailed information. I'll try it these days.
At the moment i got solved the main problem with:
Option "AGPMode" "2"
With this on both LCD and external CRT X is starting correctly. But it
produce a new "problem" when switch back from SusependToRam, it get
flicker (morse code) on my Display. Switching to/back console "repair"
this, still a small area isn't. But at the moment, this is my solution.

> (However, don't ge t too excited about the 3D support -- on my T22, the 8MB of video RAM was
> nowhere near enough to support 3D at the LCD panel's native 1440x1050 resolution. And since
> resolution switching is death (see below), I personally never even bothered to test accelerated
> 3D.)

I only use 1024x768, both on LCD and when in dock with an 17" CRT, so i
don't need resolution switching. 3D is enabled as log file says.
Option "ShadowStatus" seems to be on per default if DRI is used.

> Hope this helps,

TIA

>  -FeRD

Gruß