[ltp] T23: ALSA doesn't record from built-in mic

Tue, 13 Feb 2007 04:47:08 +0000

Nate Bargmann wrote:
> I have found that ALSA refuses to activate the built-in microphone on
> my T23 for recording.  I can boot KNOPPIX 5.1 with the OSS driver and
> recording works fine, but on Debian Sid with 2.6.16 and 2.6.18 kernels
> with ALSA, nadda.  I also found that ALSA does not work on the
> Slackware 10.2 partition with kernel 2.4.23.  So, apparently this may
> be a long standing bug.
>
> Am I overlooking something?

Sometimes it can be quite fussy as to exactly what mixer controls are
needed. Try gnome-alsamixer and fiddle with all the switches. On my A22,
I had to do this: (see the subsection [5])
  http://www.richardneill.org/a22p-mdk11-0.php#sound

[In my case, I also seem to have a non-functioning internal Mic, but I
don't think that's relevant]

Regards,

Richard