[ltp] T23: ALSA doesn't record from built-in mic

John Shane linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 01:55:08 -0500

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:28:45 -0600
Nate Bargmann <n0nb@networksplus.net> wrote:

> I have found that ALSA refuses to activate the built-in microphone
> on my T23 for recording.  I can boot KNOPPIX 5.1 with the OSS
> driver and recording works fine, but on Debian Sid with 2.6.16 and
> 2.6.18 kernels with ALSA, nadda.  I also found that ALSA does not
> work on the Slackware 10.2 partition with kernel 2.4.23.  So,
> apparently this may be a long standing bug.
>
> Am I overlooking something?
>
> - Nate >>

Nate, I use a T23 with Xubuntu 6.10 and ALSA with the Xfce4
panel mixer. Recording with the built in microphone works fine.  I did
have a glitch right at first as I didn't realize that the mic slider
was off and that I needed to bring up Aux as well.  Once I corrected
those the mic has worked well.  John