[ltp] T23: ALSA doesn't record from built-in mic

Nate Bargmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:06:55 -0600

* John Shane <jslists@mtwafrica.org> [2007 Feb 13 00:57 -0600]:

> Nate, I use a T23 with Xubuntu 6.10 and ALSA with the Xfce4
> panel mixer. Recording with the built in microphone works fine.  I did
> have a glitch right at first as I didn't realize that the mic slider
> was off and that I needed to bring up Aux as well.  Once I corrected
> those the mic has worked well.  John

In Kmix, I had to enable the "Capture" control which seems to serve as
a master recording control.  Using it and the Mic control enabled
recording.

Once again, the software wasn't broken, the wetware was.  Sigh...

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"