[ltp] loose keyboard issue

Robert D. Crawford linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:53:29 -0600

mark@ixod.org (Mark T.B. Carroll) writes:

> "Robert D. Crawford" <robdcraw@gmail.com> writes:
> (snip)
>> Lately I have noticed that the keyboard and wrist rest have come
>> loose at the bottom right hand corner of the keyboard.

> My R40's keyboard likes to creep out at the bottom corners. Occasionally
> I have to give them a good shove to get them back in again.

This doesn't seem to be creep.  If I run my fingernail into the seam
created by the wrist rest on the right side, both the keyboard and wrist
rest come up, mainly where the arrow keys and wrist rest meet.  It is as
if there is a screw missing that would come up from the bottom of the
machine and attach the wrist rest.  I am about to see if the
documentation link sent by the OP is useful to me.

Thanks,
rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                     robdcraw@gmail.com