[ltp] X60 or X60s?

Tom Neumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:06:53 +0100

On 2/13/07, michael@michaelshiloh.com <michael@michaelshiloh.com> wrote:
> I guess the question for Tom is: What are your main application? Do you surf
> the web and email, do you run multiple virtual computers (Vmware, etc.), do
> you compile a lot, do you do lots of graphic manipulation e.g. with Gimp?

My main application will be software development, mostly in Java and
perl.  Eclipse should work fine, Apache and Tomcat too, and sometimes
even mysql. And, yes, of course also surfing the web, writing emails
and texts. Gimp, video editing, Vmware are no issues for me. Nor is
Windows. :-)

RAM surely is important, even more important than some 100 MHz, I know.

Battery life is also very important for me. That's the reason I asked you guys.
If there was no (or almost no) difference in battery life between X60
and X60s, I surely would take the extra MHz. On the other hand, if the
X60s battery life if significant longer, I'd gladly go without the
extra MHz.

Thanks & best regards,

Tom