[ltp] adding RAM to a T20

Simon Williams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:47:12 +0000

John Shane wrote:
> If a stick of 128MB PC100 RAM pulled from a T23 will work in your
> T20 then I have one that you can have for the cost of postage. Contact
> me off list if you want it and we can work out the details.  John

No it won't. I tried exactly the same thing when my new T23 kept
freezing (video card it turned out- IBM replaced mobo).

The T20 (and probably T21 and T22) use PC100. The T23 uses PC133. PC100
will not work in a T23, and PC133 will not work in a T20.

So if the RAM you have there works in a T23 then it's not PC100 it's
PC133. If it really is PC100 as you say then it wouldn't work in the T23.

Simon