[ltp] hibernate-ram corrupts Xorg (horizontal lines)

Noah Dain linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 14:41:45 -0500

On 2/17/07, Sascha Heid <saschaheid@gmail.com> wrote:
> When i use hibernate-ram and resume the laptop, i have 2 horizontal
> lines on my X-Display. Other than those the suspending works fine.
> Those lines stay. Restarting X, including unloading of i915 and drm does
> not get rid of the lines.
> Also, using xrandr does not change the position of those lines (they are
> out of sight though on everything lower then my default resolution which
> is 1400x1050).
>
> Now, what gives me a headache is that i dont even know which
> mailing-list to ask for this.
>
> Is it a problem with Xorg, the i810 driver, acpi, suspend2 or the
> kernel?
>
> If anyone has any idea how to track down the source of this problem i
> would appreciate it.
>
> specs: Lenovo X60T, i915, suspend2-sources-2.6.20, gentoo-linux.
>
> Regards
> Sascha Heid

no idea if this is what the problem is, but some systems need to
handle the video bios differently when suspending/resuming.

this is usually performed with the "vbetool" program or "s2ram".  They
can dump and save the video bios before suspending and restore it when
resuming, for instance.

--
Noah Dain
"The beatings will continue, until moral improves" - the Management