[ltp] r50e and HD problem

puzz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:58:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I have a problem with my r50e. Maybe it is not linux related but it
happened after a linux installation.

My r50e works fine. I decided to install linux on a new HD. I changed
my HD, the installation went smoothly and everything worked fine (except
the modem, but that's OK). At that point I had two HDs -- one with the
original Windows and one with linux. I once returned the original HD but
after that -- my linux don't work :(

In fact, it seems it is not linux but the laptop doesn't recognise any other
HD but the original one. I trid changing bios settings, but nothing works :(

Anybody had the same problem?

--
http://www.puzz.info