[ltp] IBM Bay Support on Kernel 2.6.20

Hendrik Baecker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:13:53 +0100

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh schrieb:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Hendrik Baecker wrote:
>
>> 04-ibm_acpi-0.13_20070206-for-2.6.20.patch <http://whoopie.gmxhome.de/linux/patches/2.6.20/04-ibm_acpi-0.13_20070206-for-2.6.20.patch>
>>

> That said, you do NOT use ibm-acpi bay support when using the acpi generic
> bay support, so it should not be the reason you are having trouble.

Success!

After appling the ibm_acpi patch against 2.6.20 I have an supported bay!

Scripts as mentioned on thinkwiki.org works great, after defining the
right "storage.physical_device" and changing the SCSI "magic Numbers"
(1:0:0:0) to fit to my z61t.

Up to now, all works fine for me.

Is there anything intereting on my new knowledge for thinkwiki.org?
Some informations what storage.physical_device or SCSI IDs and so on?
What would be about a more or less complete howto to get hotswapping for
z61t?!?

Just won't keep this knowledge for my own.

Thanks @all for the hints.

Regards
Hendrik