[ltp] Re: loose keyboard issue

Anthony Moulen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:45:07 -0500

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 11:02:09 pm Robert D. Crawford wrote:
> "Stephen Ryan" <taketwoaspirin@gmail.com> writes:
> > I'm not sure how easy this will be to do with limited vision, because
> > some of those screws are quite small, but IBM does have a maintenance
> > manual available on their website which I have used to successfully
> > disassemble (and subsequently reassemble!)  my T40.
> >
> > Here's a direct link to the hardware maintenance manual for the T4x line:
> > ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/39t6192_01.pdf--
>
> I have downloaded the manual.  I am in the process of having a
> look... difficult is having to read it with
>
> xpdf  -rv -z 500 -g 1024x768
>
> and still having to use a magnifier.

You may want to consider removing the keyboard and reseating it.  It is
possible that the clips along the front of the wrist tray have come unhooked
and need to be reset.  You will need to remove the keyboard and the wrist
rest to reseat them both.  It should be in the service manual.  I had the
same problem once and had to get a new keyboard to really make it go away,
but that may not really be necessary.