[ltp] hibernate-ram corrupts Xorg (horizontal lines)

Sascha Heid linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 00:44:00 +0100

Am Montag, den 19.02.2007, 10:35 +0100 schrieb boris:
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 08:31:20PM +0100, Sascha Heid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > When i use hibernate-ram and resume the laptop, i have 2 horizontal
> > lines on my X-Display. Other than those the suspending works fine.
> > Those lines stay. Restarting X, including unloading of i915 and drm does
> > not get rid of the lines.
> > Also, using xrandr does not change the position of those lines (they are
> > out of sight though on everything lower then my default resolution which
> > is 1400x1050).
>
> Same thing happens on my R60 (i915 1400x1050 - 9457-C4G)
> (debian sid amd64, kernel 2.6.18,19,20)
>
> I have to suspend to disk (reboot) to get rid of these two lines  ...
>
> By the way the right hand side line is always at 752px and the left one at
> 975px each 375px long ($\pm$ 2px - kruler).
> It seems that these lines are interchanged.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
>             mfg
>                       boris

Hi Boris,

i only tested it 2 times now but it worked perfectly.
Im confused about the different projects to suspend in linux now though.
Anyways, there is suspend.sf.net where you can download suspend-0.5.
For s2ram to build you just have to run "make s2ram" and then
execute ./s2ram -f -a3 (-f is because the machine is not in their
whitelist, yours maybe, and -a3 is the recommended option for intel
chipsets which gets rid of the lines).

MfG
Sascha