[ltp] Re: x40: glx or aiglx?

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:46:03 +0100

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:18:50 +0100 come se fosse antani wrote:

> I would try the new windows manager like compiz o beryl on my thinkpad
> x40 with debian sid.
>
> I would like to know if anyone of you tried both the glx & aiglx
> system and which works better / faster.

You mean Xgl, not glx, aren't you?
However - which video-card do you have? If it's an Intel one, or an
older ATI (one which is supported by the opensource radeon driver) - go
straight forward to AIGLX, it's in default Xorg, you just need to
enable and use it on Debian.
If it's a newer ATI (like my f****ing x1400) you're stuck with Xgl -
good luck there, it's not in Debian and needs some more tweaking. AFAIK
there are some howtos on that in the gentoo-wiki, just have a look.

Regards
Evgeni

--
   ^^^    | Evgeni -SargentD- Golov (sargentd@die-welt.net)