[ltp] Re: x40: glx or aiglx?

Ajai Khattri linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:38:38 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, come se fosse antani wrote:

> I tried XGL only with the Sabayon Linux LiveCD and it was pretty fast.
> I'd like to try something cool and, finally, a fast version of
> Expose'!

Oh its much better than Expose. Ive been running beryl for several months
now. Hit the top-right and all windows are scaled and tiled but the
contents continue to update (so movies playing in mplayer carry on playing
at their smaller sizes). Ditto for task switching with ALT TAB (thumbnails
continue to update). I can also hold down the scroll wheel when over the
background and the whole desktop becomes a cube which I can rotate in any
direction (I have four desktops configured). The cube can be transparent
so you can see the window layers from behind. The window contents, of
course, continue to update in real time (so for movies, you're watching
them from behind the screen ;-)

Anyway, basically the effects put OS X to shame...

--
Aj. (ajai@bitblit.net)