[ltp] Playing DVDs on a 770x

Laurent Gilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 01 Jan 2007 01:07:27 +0100

Hello,

> All right, I'm out of my mind.

Yep, i agree on that point.

> However, I scavenged a DVD Enhanced Video Adapter, see above.

Useless. The chip only got used in that one adapter and there is no
linux-support for it.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/DVD_and_Enhanced_Video_Adapter_(DEVA)

> Or any other ideas?

You may get smooth DVD playback, but not at the full resolution. First m=
ake
sure you have the trident driver installed and working. This will not fl=
with the vesa driver. Get mplayer with libavcodec enabled. Try playback
with the parameters:

mplayer dvd://1 -lavdopts fast:lowres=3D3 -fs

test the parameters "-vo xv" or "-vo xover" or even "-vo tdfxfb" / "-vo =
 =

tdfx_vid".
The last 2 do not use X and will probably need a FB-device. I'm not sure=
  =

if that
tridentcard is supported by the mplayer trident driver.

cu