[ltp] help on Thinkpad T40

Maurizio Benedetti linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 08:05:08 +0000

--=_alternative 0000C44500257257_=

Hello everybody.
I have an IBM thinkpad T40 and I would like to have a multiple monitor
setup (intgrated monitor + an additional monitor connected to the VGA
port).

The setup I would like to have is "External monitor" left of "Integrated
monitor" but I am failing doing it.
I am running FreeBSD 6.1 and Xorg.

The video card built-in in my laptop is Radeon R250 Lf [FireGL 9000] and
right now I can use the external monitor just to see the same content of
the integrated one.

Any clue on how I can have the two monitors working like a single desktop
one left of the other?

Cheers,
Maurizio

attachments are
intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be
confidential, proprietary or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender
immediately, delete this message and do not disclose, distribute or
copy it to any
third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this
message does not
necessarily reflect the official position of the World Food
Programme. Electronic
messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or
may be
delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences.
The sender
reserves the right to monitor, record and retain electronic
messages.

--=_alternative 0000C44500257257_=

like to have a multiple monitor setup (intgrated monitor + an additional
monitor connected to the VGA port).</font>
monitor&quot; left of &quot;Integrated monitor&quot; but I am failing doing
it.</font>
is Radeon R250 Lf [FireGL 9000] and right now I can use the external monitor
just to see the same content of the integrated one.</font>
working like a single desktop one left of the other?</font>

<HTML><BODY><P><hr size=1></P><br>
<P><STRONG><br>
The information contained in this electronic message and any<br>
attachments are<br>
intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be<br>
confidential, proprietary or<br>
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify<br>
the sender<br>
immediately, delete this message and do not disclose, distribute or<br>
copy it to any<br>
third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this<br>
message does not<br>
necessarily reflect the official position of the World Food<br>
Programme. Electronic<br>
messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or<br>
may be<br>
delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences.<br>
The sender<br>
reserves the right to monitor, record and retain electronic<br>
messages.<br>
</STRONG></P></BODY></HTML>

--=_alternative 0000C44500257257_=--