[ltp] help on Thinkpad T40

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Jan 2007 23:18:01 +0100

--=-og4XJZeEYtPJMbUOEeVs

Hi,

this was discussed view weeks ago. This config is for linux on a t40
with radeon 7500, but should work for you too. Use the Open Source
radeon driver:

http://konstantin.filtschew.de/download/xorg.conf.mergefb

You have to change the resolution for your screen

Cheers,

Konstantin

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 08:05 +0000, Maurizio Benedetti wrote:
>=20
> Hello everybody.=20
> I have an IBM thinkpad T40 and I would like to have a multiple monitor
> setup (intgrated monitor + an additional monitor connected to the VGA
> port).=20
>=20
> The setup I would like to have is "External monitor" left of
> "Integrated monitor" but I am failing doing it.=20
> I am running FreeBSD 6.1 and Xorg.=20
>=20
> The video card built-in in my laptop is Radeon R250 Lf [FireGL 9000]
> and right now I can use the external monitor just to see the same
> content of the integrated one.=20
>=20
> Any clue on how I can have the two monitors working like a single
> desktop one left of the other?=20
>=20
> Cheers,=20
> Maurizio=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> attachments are
> intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be
> confidential, proprietary or
> privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
> the sender
> immediately, delete this message and do not disclose, distribute or
> copy it to any
> third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this
> message does not
> necessarily reflect the official position of the World Food
> Programme. Electronic
> messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or
> may be
> delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences.
> The sender
> reserves the right to monitor, record and retain electronic
> messages.
>=20
>=20
--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-og4XJZeEYtPJMbUOEeVs

--=-og4XJZeEYtPJMbUOEeVs--