[ltp] T60 64bit

jaime johnson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:45:05 -0800 (PST)

--0-287975556-1167860705=:92873

Hi all,

To Michael: I'm running Edgy (6.10) on my new T60 with core 2 duo. I could not boot the install disk without adding noapic to the grub kernel boot options. I'm still using that in my grub boot options.
Just built a new kernel package with 2.6.19.1 patched with suspend2. I still have to build madwifi and fglrx to match the new kernel. Haven't booted it yet.

Jim

Michael Gaber <Michael.Gaber@gmx.net> wrote: Hi

has anybody succeeded in installing a 64bit linux (preferrably gentoo)
onto a t60 with the core2duo processor?

i currently have problems with booting any livecd, gentoo will only do
with acpi=off otherwise it will hang after
"ACPI: ECDT found"
and kubuntu x64 won't boot at all

Greets michael