[ltp] Hdaps fedora core 6 on t60p

Mon, 08 Jan 2007 13:24:30 +0000

Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> Hi:
>
> This isn't directly related to your question, but I'm running FC6 on a
> T60p and I've still got a few things to iron out.
>
> Do you have a xorg.conf that you are happy with?  I have some problems
> with the trackpad and pointer.

Yes, here you go. I personally have it set up to use only the pointer,
and to kill the trackpad. But using the udev trick, you can make it do
anything you want:

1) /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules (note: no line-wraps!)
#Rule for the trackpoint:   udevinfo -a -p /sys/class/input/mouse1
BUS=="input", kernel=="mouse*", SYSFS{name}=="TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint",
NAME="input/%k", SYMLINK="input/trackpoint"

#Rule for the synaptics:  udevinfo -a -p /sys/class/input/mouse0
BUS=="input", kernel=="mouse*", SYSFS{name}=="SynPS/2 Synaptics
TouchPad", NAME="input/%k", SYMLINK="input/touchpad"
---------------------------------------
Then, run udevtrigger.

2)Xorg.conf (relevant bits, which I changed from Ubuntu Edgy defaults)
---------------------------
#This bit stops CTRL-Alt-Bksp from accidentally killing the server:
Section "ServerFlags"
         DontZap # disable <Crtl><Alt><BS> (server abort)
EndSection

#Config for ONLY the trackpoint, not the touchpad
Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Trackpoint"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "CorePointer"
         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/trackpoint"
         Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
         #Option         "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
         #Option         "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
         Option          "EmulateWheel"          "true"
         Option          "EmulateWheelButton"    "2"
         Option          "EmulateWheelTimeout"   "200"
         Option          "XAxisMapping"          "6 7"
         Option          "YAxisMapping"          "4 5"
EndSection

#Config for ONLY the touchpad.
Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
         Driver          "synaptics"
         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/touchpad"
         Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
         Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
EndSection

#Add another config for an external USB mouse if you want one.

#Get the 1600x1200 DPI right.
Section "Monitor"
         Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
         Option          "DPMS"
         DisplaySize 304 228     # <-- Added by rjn to sort out tiny
fonts - these are width, height in mm. Not strictly necessary, it seems.
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier      "Default Layout"
         Screen          "Default Screen"
         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
         InputDevice     "Trackpoint"

#Note: I disabled touchpad completely.
#       InputDevice     "Synaptics Touchpad"  "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

3)Remember to fix firefox horiz-scroll too.

Best wishes,

Richard