[ltp] T60 Sound

Mon, 8 Jan 2007 14:29:48 +0100

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 06:24:05 +0100, Florian Manschwetus wrote:
> Someone who figured out howto get nice duplex sound and/or hardware
> mixing to work on a T60?
> I want to use skype and/or kphone, also a little bit gaming so it would
> be very fine to have that issues handled by the hardware, maybe some
> help with newer kernels (2.6.18 2.6.19) or at least external build alsa
> modules?

Every ALSA aware application should be able to do that, as long
libasound has dmix support enabled. It's the default in resent Debian
versions of libasound (testing, unstable). However, as soon as an
application that uses OSS (the thing before ALSA) opens the sound
device, no other application can use the sound driver.

Regards,
Tino