[ltp] Fan-questions again...

Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:26:03 -0200

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Gilson Laurent wrote:
> > -is there a way to lower the fan speed except changing levels?
>
> Not w/o opening the laptop. Don't do it.

Actually, you can hack the EC firmware (good luck on that, you're on your
own).  If you had one of the few X-series models that allow one to change
the speed range directly through ACPI, you could improve ibm-acpi to do that
instead (or convince me to do that work).  Note: the X60 cannot.  That
feature didn't stay for long...

  Henrique Holschuh