[ltp] Re: _very_ high temperatures

Macskasi Csaba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:27:11 +0100

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:11:15 +0100, Johannes Boy
<teilzeitstudent@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've got a z61p with core duo 2ghz (same as Anthonys).
> When I nail down the CPUs with cpufreq_powersave, the temperatures
> stay at around 60°C, even when used heavily.
> As soon as I put the performance governor into play and add some
> workload, they jump up to 88-90°C within seconds. The GPU even jumps
> to 100°C with a little load on it.
> When I watch a movie on my notebook, I can use it to cook some eggs on
> the underside afterwards :(
>
> It might be interesting to know if this also happens under Windows
> (assuming Windows knows how to handle the stuff properly).
> If the temperatures go up that high, it may be normal.

Come on, how could that possibly be normal? Thats worse than my shitty old
gericom notebook with a desktop cpu...
I expected lenovo to be shitty but if they claim that such temperatures
are normal than this just sad. :(

--
Macskasi Csaba
bitumen at tuxworld dot homelinux dot org