[ltp] Gentoo Linux on T42p, two problems [1/2 SOLVED]

Eric Munson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:50:43 -0700

> the freeware driver should work with
> forcecrt2present
> and mergendnonrectangular
> and some other stuff, there is a pretty good manpage on the r300 driver,
> i got it working with just experimenting

I had both of those options enabled, the problem actually turned out to be
Xorg was trying to make my extrnal display the primary display which was
mucking with the startup.  I had to tell my BIOS that the Laptop panel was
the default and tell Xorg to listen to the BIOS setting then everything
worked.  The working xorg.conf is available at
http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~emunson/xorg.conf should anyone want it.

Thanks for your help (especially pointing out that there was a man page for
the driver).