[ltp] Ubuntu on thinkpad A22M

ted frater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 09:24:53 +0000

Hi All,
Weve downloaded to CD Ubuntu 6.10 and tried to install on the above
Tpad. 10 gig HD and 128m memory P3 850..
However we cannot get even to the installer stage for some reason. Is
there some bug somewhere which prevents this installation? on thinkpads?
Weve had all sorts of Linux on thinkpads and this is the 1st time it
wont go on.
So we tried it U 6.10 on a Packard Bell weve here, (rescued from the
local dump its like an old banger with the exhaust fallen off, ( what
aheap of hardware junk!!) it has a pentium 4 desktop chip in it with
wdoze XP on an NTFS partition. The U6.io hangs at the repartition point
as the PB has a ntfs file system.
Any suggestions/help on these 2 problems? much appreciated.
Ted And Hugh Frater. Dorset UK.