[ltp] Z61p/Z61m experiences needed

George Ruinelli linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:50:24 +0100

Hello all

I want to buy a new thinkpad and doesn't know which one is the best.
In the selection are the Z61p (UA1J6SG) and the Z61m (UA19JS{G,F,E})

The Z61m's seem to be well supported on linux, while I can't find many
informations about the Z61p in the www.

Because the battery longevity  and the RAM, I would prefer the Z61p.

I need dualhead support and would like to use Xgl, if possible.
Whats with the Cam, fingerprintreader, Suspend2{Disk,RAM}, WLAN, Bluetooth and
else?
Is there someone, who has experiences  with one of this thinkpads?
Any reports would be cool.

PTW: Does someone known the differences between a "Core Duo T2500" and a "Core
2 Duo T2700" processor? Wikipedia didn't help me.

thank you very much!
George