[ltp] Z61p/Z61m experiences needed

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 16:46:55 -0600

As a quick follow-up to my own message, I booted my Z61p machine in
"rescue" mode (no X) this morning and it is still up and running,
which is lending more credence to my concerns about the fglrx driver.
I might drop back to the plain radeon driver, or even a vesa driver
just to see. I will let people know what I learn.

Also, both hibernate and suspend to RAM failed with the radeon driver,
I have not tried them with the fglrx but will test this before
back-leveling for my other tests.

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman, Director
Systems Administration and Technical Operations    <bropers@msi.umn.edu>