[ltp] Suspend to disk on T60 (2623D6U)

Marcin Zalewski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 09:18:07 -0500

Hello,

I am a happy owner of a T60 2623D6U. I have installed suse 10.2 on it
and everything works more or less as expected with the exception of
suspend to disk. I have seen some reports claiming that this should work
out of the box:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_openSUSE_10.2_on_an_IBM_ThinkPad_T60

When I attempt suspend to disk, I get as far as writing pages. Then an
uppercase "S" appears on a new line and the machine hangs. The moon
diode stops blinking. When I shut the machine down, GRUB is modified to
resume but the partition is not clean and resume does not happen.

I am able to suspend to ram but when I resume non of my USB devices is
working.

I am running the standard suse 10.2 (with non-oss components, including
the wireless driver) without any major modifications. The only thing I
have changed is the video driver: I am running ATI 8.32.5 driver.

Does anyone have similar problems on that model? Suspend to disk would
make things much more convenient than having to shut things down all the
time.

-m