[ltp] Re: Z61p/Z61m experiences needed

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:49:23 +0100

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:50:24 +0100 George Ruinelli wrote:

> The Z61m's seem to be well supported on linux, while I can't find
> many informations about the Z61p in the www.

Should not make much difference

> I need dualhead support and would like to use Xgl, if possible.

Dualhead sucks for me with ATI x1400, display is flickering once in
some minutes. Xgl should work with fglrx, AIGLX wont, but not tested.

> Whats with the Cam, fingerprintreader, Suspend2{Disk,RAM}, WLAN,
> Bluetooth and else?

Suspend, WLAN and BT should work fine, dunno about the cam.
The fingerprintreader works with some binary stuff from the vendor
(dunno if they have 64bit binarys)

> Is there someone, who has experiences  with one of this thinkpads?
> Any reports would be cool.

Have an older Z61m and quite happy with it, but would change to Intel
or NVIDIA graohics if I could.

--
   ^^^    | Evgeni -SargentD- Golov (sargentd@die-welt.net)
 d(O_o)b  | PGP-Key-ID: 0xAC15B50C