[ltp] Re: Wireless card and mouse

Anthony J Moulen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:27:16 -0500

On Monday 15 January 2007 17:55, Richard Neill wrote:
> RICHARD CARTER wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I have ordered a refurbished Thinkpad T40 on which I plan to install
> > Mandriva 2007 Powerpack.  I will want to connect to the internet via my
> > D-Link DI-524 router.  However  the machine, it when comes,  will not
> > have a wireless card installed.  Can anyone advice me of products which
> > would work without taking the machine apart?
>
> You probably don't want to install an internal mini-pci card anyway,
> since you'll lose your LAN if you do.

WHY?I think I am missing something here, there shouldn't be a problem with
installing a compatible minipci device assuming that the unit has the antenna
installed. And minipci cards on T40s are easy to install, they go into the
bottom of the unit just remove one screw, pop out the old one and pop in the
new one.  Buy the card from IBM/Lenovo and you should be all set.

There is also a wireless G device for the T4x series, not sure if there is one
that works with the T40.