[ltp] Re: Wireless card and mouse

Anthony J Moulen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:26:30 -0500

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 00:40, Daniel Maier wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 11:57:41PM +0000, Richard Neill wrote:
> > Well, there are no mini-pci cards that do all of Wifi + LAN + Modem.
> > You'd have to sacrifice at least one, which seems like a waste.
>
> Who needs a modem? Are there really cards offering Wifi + lan?
>
> Regards, nusse.
I am not sure this is true, I have a T40 and I have wireless, lan and a modem.
I am not positive that the minpci controls all of these, I thought it was
just the lan and wireless.  One thing I did find though is that I was wrong,
the mini-pci controller was in the bottom of my old T20 not my T40, the T40
has the mini-pci under the wrist rest, which requires about 6 screws to open
and is a little more involved than the old model.