[ltp] Ejecting Cardbus pc cards

Pablo Vera linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:01:05 -0600

Hi everyone:

Is there a way to power down a Cardbus pc card before unplugging it ?,
is it really necessary ?

I know that I can "eject" a pcmcia card with:

   pccardctl eject

but this utility does not "eject" a Cardbus card, since it is not
pcmcia, but pci.

After doing lots of research, and founding nothing, I decided to simply
pull out the card and see what happens.  Typing dmesg told me that the
kernel recognized that I pulled the card and disabled interrupts.  I
then plugged it in again, and it worked fine.  So I guess it is OK to
hot-plug/unplug Cardbus cards.

Anyone knows if it is really OK to just pull the card ?, or do I need to
run an utility to "eject" it ?

--

Thanks,
Pablo Vera