[ltp] DVD not working

Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:15:51 +0000

Sounds like your DVD drive has never had its region code initialised.
Under Linux, just run "regionset". Mplayer will usually ignore the value
of the region code, but it must have been initialised to something.

To test the CD-RW, I suggest you run knoppix with "toram"  (assuming you
have 2GB of memory),  and then eject the knoppix CD, then try to use k3b
(or just cdrecord). If you haven't got 2GB of RAM, I think that DSL will
work in 128MB.

Also, try cleaning the lens - sometimes DVDs and CD-Rs are harder to
read than normal discs.

HTH,

Richard