[ltp] Z61p/Z61m experiences needed

Ilias Stergiou linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:52:51 +0200

Hamie wrote:
> On Friday 19 January 2007 14:24, Hamie wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 18 January 2007 17:58, George Ruinelli wrote:
>>
> Oh... two more things...
>
> 1. The  tifm_ SD card modules stop the laptop from suspending.
> 2. The fglrx module also stops the laptop from suspending.
>
> So if you want to run as  alaptop & be able to suspend & resume you can't run
> accelerated graphics, nor can you access the SD card slot.
>
> Unloading the fglrx module for suspend isn't pracical. You might as well
> shutdown if you have to stop all your apps. And unloading the tifm_ & mmc
> modules on suspend doesn't help...
>
> Symptoms of the failed suspend is a console screen telling you the second CPU
> is bding suspended, and then it just stops & leaves the screen running after
> all the '===' have been written to the screen... You can't resume from there,
> the power scitch is the only way to get it back.
>
> All-in-all I'm a bit disappointed at the moment with it... But at least I can
> be reasonably sure it will get better (At least with the tifm_ modules. The
> fglrx seems to be a dead horse). If xorg drivers could give me 1680x1050
> resolution I'd run those, but they don't seem capable... Although maybe I
> could try updating to the latest & see if anything has changed since early
> Dec.

Has anyone managed to get suspend and/or hibernate working with a FireGL
5200 card using the proprietary driver? What about the Xorg fglrx driver?
I have a T60p with the FireGL 5250 and the proprietary driver and cannot
suspend or hibernate.
Would it work if I used the Xorg driver?

I would appreciate if you provided any useful link on getting
suspend/hibernate work. It seems that the inet is full of messages with
(potential) problems / solutions, but I have not found any step-by-step
procedure to identify the problem.

Ilias