[ltp] Gates' pound of flesh

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:48:03 -0500

If you get the "ThinkPad notebooks" product list from here:
http://www.pc.ibm.com/pcinstitute/mxw10.html
You'll see some Linux-ready models (in particular T60p I think).  When
I asked for a quote on those, the list price was noticeably cheaper
than the Windows models with the same hardware.  But I haven't
actually ordered one.

Also, I haven't successfully copied the pre-installed Windows XP to
VMware, but I have installed Windows into VMware on the ThinkPad using
a Dell laptop Windows XP CD, and then activated it with the product
key on the bottom of the ThinkPad.  I had to call Microsoft (the
automated activation didn't work), but they didn't object.

Thanks,
      Aaron