[ltp] using Gnome power manager t60 suspends once

jaime johnson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 00:23:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I have the suspend to ram working well so far. I
downgraded the ati driver to 8.30.3 and had to find a
kernel it would compile with. In this case it was
gentoo-sources 2.6.18. In Gnome I can fn/f4 or suspend
from the power manager gui. Had some issues with disk
errors so I set sata back to compatibility mode and it
seems to be working ok. I lose network and sometimes
alsa so I put some simple resets into a script to run
after resuming. I am just happy to know I am not crazy
and that suspend to ram can work. I'll deal with
automating things afterwards. The ati drivers after
8.30.3 are reported (on thinkwiki) to break
suspend/resume. For you ubuntu-ers I found out there
are some settings to change in
/etc/defaults/acpi-support. See this page in the
notes:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/ThinkpadT60

I might try it for hibernating the desktop I set up on
ubuntu Dapper for someone else. I'll report back any
successes.
As far as the t60 goes, next I'll be looking into this
strange fan (almost) always on behavior that I know
for sure is not limited to my machine. That happens in
XP as well (the two or three times I've booted it
since linuxing), mostly while on ac.
Jim
--- Paul Fisher <thetorpedodog@canistorpedis.net>