[ltp] x31 vs x41

Paul Fox linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:09:13 -0500

alexey wrote:
 > * Paul Fox <pgf@> [070123 17:36]:
 > > i still haven't gotten the video switching to work completely
 > > reliably, so that i can cycle through screen/external/both when
 > > i'm on the dock,
 > It works for me without any additional configuring.  I'm not
 > using ibm-acpi scripts (only kernel module) nor tpb...

thanks -- that's encouraging.  :-)

i'm not quite sure what "ibm-acpi scripts" you're referring to --
so i think maybe ubuntu (i'm running edgy) doesn't ship with
them.  there are these:
    /etc/acpi/events/ibm-{hibernate,lockbtn,sleepbtn,videobtn,wireless}
but nothing ibm specific (besides ibm-wireless.sh) in /etc/acpi
itself.

when i use the function key, i cycle through three states, and the
LCD is on for two of them.  the external screen is on for just one
of them.

i actually think it may be my xorg.conf file -- i think X isn't managing
the external output correctly.  if it's convenient, do you suppose
i could see your xorg.conf?

paul
 paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 26.1 degrees)